Monday, April 27, 2015

Things from the garden and a mini quilt I am working on.......

Jenks Herb and Plant Festival 2015

I got to spend a few minutes at the Herb and Plant Festival on Saturday in downtown Jenk, Ok.
I did manage to pick up another air plant to add to my terrarium.  I got some succulents that I will put in a clay pot that is shaped like a fish. Once they start to bloom or grow bigger, they will have shoots that come out of the fishes mouth and hang down.  It is too cute when it does that.  Almost like it has eaten the plants.












Here are some of the iris in the garden that are beginning to bloom.  Over the weekend, there were a few in full bloom.  I will try to get a picture of the massive blooms once most of them are in bloom.  It's really a beautiful site.

Our Coreopsis and Clematis' are in full bloom now too.  I love the colors of spring!





















This picture I got off of Facebook over the weekend.  I sent it to my step son who has 2 husky's that come to visit often.  We call them our Grand Dogs.  Seems like we always have some tufts of husky hair lurking about our house at any given time, no matter how often we vacuum the house.  We call that our extra house dog that hangs out that we can't see.  lol





The last picture is a miniature quilt that I am working on.  I've decided to quilt it my hand.  It will be my first.  I would rather quilt on the long arm than by hand, but that is one of my goals for this year.  Try something I haven't or previously wouldn't do in my sewing and quilting.  I'll post more pictures of it later as I progress on it.




I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, no matter what you did or wherever you were!  Always save time to see the wonderful world around you and time to enjoy where you are and what you are doing.




No comments:

Post a Comment