Monday, April 20, 2015

What do you do with a UFO?

You finish it!  

Over the weekend, I was digging in my "stash" closet for some reason.  Who knows what I was originally thinking.  I got busy cleaning and straightening the closet and getting some fabrics put away that I had dug out long ago.  I'm sure I was thinking of a project, then got distracted onto something else and just never got to what it was I had pulled them out for.

Anyway....in the rearranging of the closet, some fabric fell to the floor.  Guess what it was?  Yep, an unfinished project from years ago.  It is flannel, and I was experimenting with a new way to assemble a quilt as a quilt-as-you-go project.  I didn't like the way it was shaping up, so tossed it into the "I'll figure it out later" pile.

Well, since it presented itself by falling to the floor, I decided to just finish it in it's current state.  It actually turned out quite nice and is a baby quilt size.  It will be warm and a good cuddle blanket for an infant.  I think it finished at 47" x 47" if I remember correctly.

Yes, it's good to get a UFO finished and out of that "pile". 

What did you work on over the past week or weekend?  Feel free to share it.

No comments:

Post a Comment