Thursday, August 13, 2015

Quilt Tote Bag



So, I felt that I needed a fabric tote bag that would hold a quilt when I am toting it around for fabric selection, or traveling while I need to work on hand binding or various other reasons.

So, I made this one last weekend.  It took me literally 3-4 hours to make.  It's not fancy, but it's going to be very useful.  So much so, that I made another one Tuesday night.

Now I have 2 just in time to take 2 quilts with me this weekend for our trip to the Plano Quilt Show in Plano, TX.

I just hate to put a quilt in a plastic bag, so these will work very nicely to tote to and from the car with me.  Plus, they have nice handles so that makes them easier to carry and much easier to handle.



They are made from a light weight canvas that resembles mattress ticking.  I put a nice pocket on the outside to hold magazines or sewing notions that I will need.  And one thing I realized once I got the second one made........a very nice thing is?  They are reversible!  Who knew I would do that without realizing it?

They will be durable and very handy.  They are also washable, so if they happen to fall on the floor, the bag will protect it's contents.

What have you made lately that will make your life much better or easier?  Feel free to share!

Happy Quilting!

Glenda




No comments:

Post a Comment