Monday, August 3, 2015

 Over the weekend, I continued to work on the long arm on the Golden Days of Old quilt.  This is before it went onto the frame.

Below is progress on the frame.  Some traditional cross stitching in the 4-patches, pumpkin seeds on the small outer border, some kind of flower on the 4-patch border.

Then some butterflies and feathers in the yellows and golds that go around the center of the quilt.

I haven't decided on the center yet.  Hoping to finish quilting it some time this week and start on the binding by early next week.

Queen size and I can't wait to see it finished.

 Do you get excited as you see your progression on your quilts?  I do!  I want to see it when it's finished to see how amazing it turned out.

I put unbleached muslin on it for the backing.  I thought it would suit the time period that it reminds me of.  Mostly using a cream thread, but some of the blocks with the butterflies and feathers have a gold thread and a very light green thread.  That should make a very interesting back for this quilt.

I will post more pictures as I progress.


Have a Happy Quilting week!

Feel free to show me what you are working on!

Glenda



No comments:

Post a Comment