Monday, October 12, 2015

More flower gardens and quilt blocks!

I finally remembered to add some pictures of our flower beds in the back yard.  They have filled in nicely this year.  Jeff is still working on the path around the half circle flower bed just off the patio.  It's getting there.  The one  in the top picture is a new one.  I built that one about a month ago.  We put a Huckleberry bush (I think it's huckleberry) at the back and some hostas in the front.  One of them has bloomed.  What a surprise!


This week we have been Grand Dog sitting for Richard while he is having fun in Utah.  I think we broke them.  Ha, ha, ha, ha.....Don't let this picture deceive you, they are definitely a hand full.  We love having them around and don't they look so innocent in the picture of them sleeping.

Lucy doesn't much like them in her domain, but she is getting along well with Kirk and tolerating Nyota.  I think Nyota is just too rambunctious for Lucy.  They are playing a bit, but Lucy is very guarded when Nyota is nearby.

Jeff had baked fresh banana bread yesterday and one of them, we won't mention any names, got into the banana bread and helped themselves.  Lol......
This top picture shows the block I was working on over the weekend.  It is called Kansas Troubles.  They will go with the block I showed you last week below.  The Kansas Troubles block I will need 14 blocks.  There are a lot of pieces in this block.  I did manage to get 5 blocks completed.  Only 9 more to go!

As you can see, I have my 1-1/2" scrap pieces in the tub in the top left to put together for leaders and enders.  Amazing how much you can get done on another project while working on a different one using the leader and enders system taught by Bonnie Hunter.

I will keep you updated on my project as I go.  This is not going to be a quick quilt project.  Onward we go!

 
There is a lot of love in each and every quilt made.  

Hope you all had a good and productive weekend!  

Keep on quilting!

Glenda




No comments:

Post a Comment