Friday, October 30, 2015

Vintage Grandmother's Flower Garden





These are truly vintage Grandmother's Flower Garden blocks.  I received these blocks from Jeff's aunt a month or so ago while we were visiting.  She picked the bag up at an auction some time ago and didn't know what to do with them.

Of course, I couldn't resist saying, "I can figure out something to do with them!"

She gave them to me.  I'm so excited!  I can honestly say that I have never seen any of these fabrics before, so I'm not sure how old they really are.  I love vintage fabric and vintage quilts!

There are 22 blocks that are assembled and a stack of pieces that I didn't count.  I pressed all of them and took these pictures.

As soon as I finish my current hexie project, I'm going to start on the leftover pieces and see how large a pieced project I can end up with.  If I remember right, they are 2-1/2" hexies, I don't remember for sure.

I'm thinking I may put some unbleached muslin hexies with them to surround the existing blocks and finish it up somehow to come out with a rectangular quilt when I finish it.

Looks like I need to get some closer pics of the blocks and pieces.  I'll keep you posted with my progress and we'll see where it takes me.

And there are also so bonus miscellaneous blocks that she gave me as well.  I put them away for the time being in a cardboard box for safe keeping until I can do something with them.  It's like a treasure hunt!  And you never know where you'll end up!

Do you have some surprise fabric pieces hiding somewhere waiting on you?  I would love to see!.

Happy Quilting!
Glenda


No comments:

Post a Comment