Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Tulips? Turkey Feet? or Cross and Crown?

This week I am working on a red and white quilt for our quilt guild show in June 2016.

This block is called Cross and Crown from the book I got this block from.  I understand it is also called Tulips and Turkey Feet.  I think it kind of looks like Tulips to me.

I have 22 blocks cut out and ready to sit and sew.  And sit and sew I did this past weekend.  Sunday late afternoon I finished the last 5.  And, of course, I didn't get more pictures.

I am adding 2 other blocks for this quilt.  One that I have already done the 6 blocks for it is the Churn Dash block.  They are complete and in my project box.

Next, I will need 14 Kansas Troubles blocks.  I started with a sample block last night, but didn't like the way it ended up.  I should have a 9-1/2" block for a finished 9" block.  My block came out to almost 9-1/4".  Not quite big enough.  I will need to make some adjustments to my 1/4" seam allowance.  Probably as little as doing a scant 1/4".  I will post more about the progress of this quilt later this week.

What projects are you working on today?  Share them here, I would love to see your works! 

Have a happy quilting week!

Glenda


No comments:

Post a Comment