Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Happy Memorial Day! Thank you Veterans!

 Yesterday, I continued to work on a Quilt of Valor top that I started on Friday by using up scraps of red, white and blue.  I added a little bit of off white or ecru to make the 9-patch squares on point.  The QOV panel in the center started it off.

While I didn't get it finished on Monday, I am almost finished with it and then it will be ready to go on the long arm for quilting (by a vet himself).

After many re-thinks about the layout, I finally decided on the one to the right below.  I will have to put a measuring tape to it one more time to be sure it is large enough to meet the standards for QOV's, but I think it is close.

 What a wonderful thing to work on and very appropriate for the Memorial Day weekend all while thinking about the veterans that have sacrificed much to keep us living with the freedom that we enjoy each and every day.

I say "Thank You" to our veterans!
 This was a mini quilt that I began the weekend with.
Can you say, "Tiny 9-patches"?  These are all finished at 1".

I can say that I never thought I would ever make a small quilt, let alone a full sized quilt using 1" finished squares......ever!  But I can say that it has been fun and a lot of piecing work.
To finish off my day's blog......

The lilies in my flower garden are beginning to bloom.  This day only the deep pink ones were blooming.  Today the yellow ones are as well, but I didn't get a picture of them yet.

I hope all are doing well today and have an awesome rest of your week!
Glenda


No comments:

Post a Comment