Wednesday, May 27, 2015

A new addition...."Bette"

 I just love this vintage Singer Fashion Mate 258 machine that I found at a second hand store that I ventured into the other day.  Isn't it gorgeous in it's green?  It weighs a ton, well, ok maybe 35 pounds, but seems very heavy to me when I was toting it up the stairs to find a home for it in my sewing studio.  A little cleaning, a little oiling and she was good to go.  Sewing, that is.  She sews like a dream and I found several attachments and specialty feet on the internet to use with her.  I think I'll call her Bette, after my best friend.  Yes, that's fitting of a beauty like her.  So glad I was there to rescue her from whatever fate she would have found.

I will need to actually get that table in my sewing studio cleaned off of rogue fabric pieces and such that has found it's way to it so that "Bette" will have her rightful place to be used any time I wish to use her. What a great addition to my sewing studio she will make.

What is your most favorite machine to sew on?

Share with me anytime.  Welcome!

Glenda Sanford




No comments:

Post a Comment