Saturday, May 30, 2015

Quilt of Valor.....

Progressing on the Quilt of Valor that I am currently working on.  This part is all put together, but it's not quite large enough to meet minimum requirements.  So.....I am thinking how to add borders onto it to make it a little bit larger.  I am thinking of a 3-1/2" dark blue border, then maybe a 1" beige border to finish the top off.  For the binding I am going to barber pole the blue and white fabric.  I think that will make a beautiful finish to the quilt.

Before I can work more on this quilt top, though, Jeff just took 3 Quilts of Valor off the long arm and they are ready for me to bind them.  So I will work on them in order to get them back to the toppers so that she can schedule the awarding of those.  I think they are going to be awarded in July to some very deserving Veterans.

If you have an opportunity to work with the Quilt of Valor Foundation, I highly recommend it.  Very deserving Veterans that have served our country are receiving these quilts.

Happy quilting!

Glenda Sanford



No comments:

Post a Comment