Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Pictures of work in progress

Do you ever take pictures of your quilts in progress?  I do.  Wanna know why?

Two reasons......one is to show you that read my blog what I'm working on for the current week.  Second reason.......to see what others will see when they look at my quilt.  This is something that is difficult to see from a distance when you are piecing blocks together.

After I take a picture of a work in progress on my design wall, I can take the picture to my computer to see it in a broader view than if I'm standing there looking at it.

What did I discover on this one?  Well, there are a couple of yellow blocks that I would rather they be the  darker gold color.  I didn't even see this until I got some of the columns sewn together.

I also see a couple of blocks that I would rather finish up with a different block than what I put there.  Yes, I am using scraps and fabrics from my stash.  No, they are not colors I would choose.  Yes, they are fabrics that someone gifted to me some time ago that I thought would work with this scrappy 4-patch design.

BTW....this is a design I chose to work from that is from one of Bonnie Hunter's books.  She did this in a much smaller block and in blues (which is one of my favorite colors).  I do love the scrappy look, but it has some anchoring to it with the yellows and golds in there.

Tonight when I get home from my paying job, I will take this apart where I want the other colors to be.  You see, I'm a symmetrical person.  It has to be balanced.  This will make me much happier once I get this top finished.  You may think it's ok just as it is.  That is the artist difference in us.  Don't you just love the defining differences between you and someone else?  It makes for wonderful choices in color, balance and style.

What would you different to make this design yours?  I would love to hear from you or see your quilt choices.

Have a Happy Quilting Day!
Glenda


No comments:

Post a Comment