Monday, July 6, 2015

Scrappy

Scrappy quilt
I didn't get a last picture after I quit last night, but this scrappy quilt has grown and is coming together.  I have all the columns sewn together and have added one more row of 4-patches going around.  Not sure of its size now, but I'm hoping by adding one more row of 4-patches along with another slightly darker gold brick row that it will be big enough for a queen sized bed.  I do have those rows on already, (didn't get that finished picture when I quit last night) so it is dragging on the carpet.

I think I will finish it off with 2 rows of 2" finished blocks all the way around instead of my traditional border and let the binding be the picture frame for the quilt.  Not sure yet.  I will wait until I get the columns sewn together and see what I think.

If you haven't noticed yet, I may follow a pattern somewhat, but I mostly make my own quilt patterns by the time I have finished them.  I go with what I like and what makes sense to me.  I think that is what art is all about, and don't you think quilting is art?  Absolutely!

This quilt is totally out of my stash of scraps and fabrics that I have acquired over the years.  I wasn't crazy about the golds, but it will make for a unique looking quilt.  I had several golds in my stash for some reason or another.  Not my typical color choice, but I think it works.  You will see from later pics that it makes the patchwork stand out more.

Will post more pics later in the week as I progress further.

Hope you have a happy week!

Glenda 
Threaded Hearts Studio


No comments:

Post a Comment